8.31.2007

Maryland Democratic Party "Gala": No Poor Allowed

I dunno, I think it might be nice to do this:

Help us celebrate our success together and show your support for the Maryland Democratic Party's commitment to the promise of One Maryland.

Join us on October 1, 2007 as we gather with Democrats from across our great state to prepare for the vast challenges before us. We are a strong party. Together we can grow our numbers here and in Washington. Don't just watch us do it. Have some fun and be a part of building a better future as One Maryland shows America how to get the job done.


I am a Democrat. I worked on the 2006 co-ordinated campaign, as did many other young people. I donated what small amounts I could afford. I blogged in support of Democratic candidates. I would actually like to attend this little Gala.

But tickets start at $250 PER PERSON.

Lets see... go to the food store and eat for a month or go see Martin O'Malley and eat for one night. I think the choice is clear for thousands of Maryland Democrats.

I understand the necessity of events like this, but if this is truly a CELEBRATION, hold it at a state park and make it free, or at least a price anyone can afford.

Otherwise, call it the FUNDRAISING dinner that it obviously is.

No comments: