12.21.2007

Trade this Debt for this other Debt

Here's to bright futures.

I own no credit cards, because I know I wouldn't be able to control myself. These companies are predatory little bastards, thats for sure. I love it the most when I get a loan statement from CITI in the mail along with a pre-approved application for a CITI platinum credit card. They could save paper and just send one letter offering to take my subsidized loan with fixed low interest and transfer it to an unsubsidized, high interest loan. Same thing, really.
Many students then must file for bankruptcy, wrecking their credit ratings and jeopardizing their chances of pursuing graduate school and buying houses at reasonable mortgage rates, if at all.
And we all know how delightful Republicans and Corporate Democrats have made the bankruptcy process (if you aren't a rich corporation). And Brian wants to discuss how Republicans are the party of the "working class". Laughable.

No comments: